Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Limiting user contact access, via web

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Limiting user contact access, via web

Currently my users connect to Act for web, and are able to view all contacts within the database.  Previously, they maintained the client database with a sync set based on territories on their laptop.  Is there a way I can mimic that in web access?  I only want users to be able to see specific contacts in their territories.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sirk
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Limiting user contact access, via web

Hello Sirk,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. You can do this using Limited Access contact controls. This cannot be done in the web client - only through the desktop version (either on the server or a workstation) and you must be logged into the database as an Admin user. This Knowledgebase article provides instructions:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1522...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sirk
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello Sirk,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. You can do this using Limited Access contact controls. This cannot be done in the web client - only through the desktop version (either on the server or a workstation) and you must be logged into the database as an Admin user. This Knowledgebase article provides instructions:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1522...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thanks Greig, I had thought this was the way.  Here's another question, is there a way to set contacts to limited access in batch?

Yes, you would do this from the contact list view. Highlight the contacts on the list you want to edit access for, then right-click and select Edit Contact Access > Create Access List. This will only work for contacts and opportunities, not groups and companies.

Greig Hollister