Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Limited Access

Tuned Listener

Limited Access

I have each clients preferences set to when they create a contact/group/opportunity to be set to limited access.

Here is my problem:

When the User enters a new contact it is set to limited access. While in the contact creation they add a Opportunity and save -the contact is set to limited but the Opportunity he created within the Contact creation stays Public.

If the user goes into Opportunity and creates New it is set to Limited.

It is the same logic creating an opportunity why doesn't this follow same rule.

thanks,

JA

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Limited Access

Which version of Act! are you running? (in Act! > Help menu > About Act)

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Greg,

We are running ACT 2010 Premium for Web 12.0.409.0

Thanks,

JA

Bronze Super Contributor

I just tried this in the LAN/windows version of 2010 and get the same results.

While you may or may not call it a bug, it certainly is not logical...

No matter where you create an oppty from, it should respect the creation setting(s) from prefs...

Looks like an oversight to me...

Perhaps known issue?

Platinum Super Contributor

This is scheduled to be resolved with the general release of the 12.1 update.  Date unknown, but expected soon (this month).
Greg Martin
Sage

I have premium 2011 with hot fix 2 and this is still a problem.  The contacts are set to limited access yet the opportunites are not.  And i can't see where this can be changed.  I agree with the earlier comment that it is logical beyond logical that the limited access would carry though for all things associated with the contact.  This needs to be fixed asap.  As it stands the most basic user can see ALL oportunities.  I was on lione with level 1 tech support for 3 hours trying to correct what seemed to be a logical problem that must have had a solution, yet we could not get anything to work suchg that the opportunites would be limted access in conjunction with the contacts.

Did anyone find a solution to this?  It is unacceptable to have the opportunities be seen by every single user.  We are experiencing the same issue and some of our accounts are proprietary - not to be shared with other users.

Why does Act! want to give access to companies and contacts to everyone?  What is the point of limited access then?