Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Limit Contacts Available

Copper Contributor

Limit Contacts Available

Environment: Windows Server 2003, ACT! 2010 Premium for Web - latest patch state.

Request: Sales personnel are given a territory by Postcode(s).  Records can be entered by any administrator.  Show only the records for given Postcode(s) to a nominated Sales person.

Need to restrict the number of records available to a user with a dynamic membership.

Grateful for options.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Limit Contacts Available

While ACT!'s Limited Access isn't Dynamic, I have done this for users by creating Dynamic Groups and then running this addon on a regular basis to set the Access:
http://www.yourcrmhero.com/ACTAddOns/company-group-limited-access/

Assuming that you're using ACT! premium, you can do that using limited access. Check Help ore the knowledge base.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy, how would you auto set Contacts/Companies to get a specific limited access based on a query (eg territory) automatically?
Copper Contributor

Thanks Mike.  Yes, I was thinking it would have to be either a dynamic membership Group - for which your link would be ideal (but they'll have to remember to run it!) or a dynamic membership sync_set.

I most like the sync_set but the remote database won't be remote - it'll reside on the same server, so I don't think it will sync.

For the sake of $99 the link you kindly provided certainly makes the Group option viable.

Cheers!

I wasn't looking at the original question as doing it dynamic, only limiting the access. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Kim ... I sent a message to Len (the developer) to see if they have plans to have it auto run or even work as a plugin and set the access live.

You might send an email or give them a call and ask also
Copper Contributor

Good one!  Thanks Mike.  Will do.

I only asked about a plugin... but an auto-run (batch mode) might be simpler for them.

Really a question of if they see a market for this or if someone wants it enough to pay for the development. If you look at the site, they have an "Extended" version ... those features were paid for my a user I was working with. Their ACC asked me to develop an add-on with them, but it was more economical to pay Len to add the extra functions to his product that covered the basic ones. He then released the one we commissioned as the Extended version

So, if you need the automation enough, get him to quote it for you