Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Licensing problems

Licensing problems

My company has 3 licenses for Act 2013 which are configured with a primary desktop computer and two laptops using remote database synchronization.  We have purchased a new laptop and a new desktop and are transferring ACT to the new computers.

I installed ACT on the desktop and registered it using the internet.  It shows only one license instead of the three licenses that it had on the old machine.  Same story for the laptop.  I restored the database (restore to) and used the remote database wizard to transfer the file to the laptop. When I restored the database to the laptop and attempted to open it, I received the message "There are not enough licenses in this database to log you on...".

Clearly I have a license problem.  The two old computers have been tombstoned.  I can turn them on if needed to transfer licenses, but need to know how.  They are not in use and are scheduled to be formatted and disposed of.  How do I transfer the licenses to the new computers.

What next?

MMIiI

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Licensing problems

The serial number you used was for a single license, you need to apply all three serial numbers. The serial numbers can be found on the old machines in ACT! at Help | About ACT!

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Elite Contributor

The licenses are not per machine, they are per user.
Add all the license keys to the machine hosting the database

Then use Sync to put a copy on the laptop

Thank you very much for the help.  I will set it up tomorrow.

My problems continue. All three of the old computers show exactly the same information (posted below with serial number blanked out

act.jpg

The serial number on all three computers is the same, and all three computers show number of licenses as three.   I have installed ACT! on the desktop and one laptop (the second laptop will be unchanged), and when I register the serial number it registers only one license.

Any help is appreciated.