Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Licensing, ACT! 2006 - how/what is counted

Licensing, ACT! 2006 - how/what is counted

Hi,
I have multiple ACT! databases on a server and multiple users/licenses. When I open a database on the server and select "Manage Users" the "There are enough licenses for x users" is different for each one. How are they counted and how can I get a report of current users/serials?
Thanks
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Re: Licensing, ACT! 2006 - how/what is counted

Part of KB article:

KB wrote:
When a uniquely licensed ACT! user initially logs-in to a shared database, their serial number becomes encoded in the database which increases the number of Active users and Licenses defined in that database. In other words, when a licensed user logs in, that user contributes a license to the shared database.

There is no report for that, you have to check the license count for each computer through the Help > About menu.

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }

Thanks for the rapid reply. So if I have 20 licensed users on my network, a shared database will not report that number until all of them have opened it? And the "enough licenses" figure represents the total number of my network users that have accessed that particular shared database?
Platinum Elite Contributor

When a user logs into the database, the key from their machine is added to that database.

You can also manually add keys to the database with Help | Register ACT! - Add