Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

License question - program or database?

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

License question - program or database?

We have ACT premium 2011 and do a remote sync which is working fine. We are now doing a joint venture business with another company who also owns ACT but a different license code for ACT. We do not want to merge databases but would like to let them have access to our database (portion of database as identified by ACT sync set).

Here is my question, can I build a sync set (I have enough users to cover) and have them open this sync set with their ACT license on their desktop? Thus they can use their database and or our synced database as needed. OR do they have to have ACT running under our ACT license code to use the sync set?

If they have to have our license codes - can you run two ACT systems on the same desktop i.e. log into theirs when they need it and then log into our ACT software and sync database to see our database?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author lev_res
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: License question - program or database?

For licensing purposes, each PERSON needs a license.  All licenses would need to be for the same version of ACT.

Assuming both of these to be true, you could add each respective companies users to the other companies database and everyone could use both databases.

To add the new companie's license number, this can be done via Help, Register ACT.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author lev_res
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

For licensing purposes, each PERSON needs a license.  All licenses would need to be for the same version of ACT.

Assuming both of these to be true, you could add each respective companies users to the other companies database and everyone could use both databases.

To add the new companie's license number, this can be done via Help, Register ACT.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Astute Commentator

Thank you the quick reply that was the piece of the puzzle I was missing in my think!