Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

License Question

Tuned Listener

License Question

Hi,

We bought ACT! 2010 and got all licenses for 2010, also have software upgrade assurance.

Our old server is no good, so we decided to move ACT! into the new, faster server and we decided to use 2011 intead of 2010

The serials for ACT2010 dont' work. How do I move all these licenses to 2011?

Any help would be appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: License Question

The use different keys. You should contact the place you purchased from or sage Customer Service to get the 2011 keys under your customer assurance.
Tuned Listener

Thank you for quick response.

Copper Contributor

Let me just start off by telling you that ACT will get you either way!   Basically, ACT IS NOT FORWARD OR BACKWARDS COMPATABLE!  They will either sell you the downgrades for your 2011 licenses or they will try and talk you into upgrading to 2011.  Either way you are hammered.  And thats putting it lightly.

You see, we have several licenses of 2010 and we decided to add a few more 2010 licenses for new employees last October.  They didn't have 2010 anymore so we bought the 2011.  (no one told us that they were not compatable).  We bought the 2011 and tried to use the licenses.  In the end, we had to buy ALL NEW LICENSES for 2011.  THEY USUALLY STOP SELLING THIS YEARS VERSION IN SEPTEMBER.  So if your expecitng growth, go ahead and buy them now.  

Oh and dealing with ACT and their "30 day support...."  JOKE!  Again they will get you in the end.  If you need help after the 30 day customer service period, be ready to PAY!

Copper Contributor

Its not that easy GLC.... I wish it was
Platinum Elite Contributor

You can still get 2010 keys if you know where to look. Corporate services usually sell additional licenses for 2-3 years after the new version is available.

But pretty much ALL database products need all users to be on the same version. As the database form changes (to make it possible for the new functions), the only version won't understand it.

Of course, it's ALWAYS better to be dealing with an ACT! Consultant rather than Sage ... the ACCs are more interested in a happy client than in moving boxes
Tuned Listener

hi jaylonp

I am in the similar boat as you, at the end we end up buying more than half licenses.