Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Licence Expired

Accepted Solution Solved
Silver Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Licence Expired

Multiple reports from different clients of ACT perpetual licences stopping working. Looked at 1 so far and it now shows 0 licences for a 19 licence client.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎03-26-2019 04:53 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Licence Expired

It's not Swiftpage deactivating them is the licensing server that they check when there's a system change that's being shut down.
Yes, there were some big Windows Updates recently that seems to have triggered the licensing module to check for things like it's still the same machine and not been cloned.

Here's the KB on Perpetual, which does say they also need updating - http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39198
I'll have them update it to include major Windows Updates.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Silver Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The statement Swiftpage made in December said that ACT would continue to run on old perpetual licences and that only new installations would need the new licence. There has been no announcement or warning that they were going to deactivate existing perpetual licences. 

I don't know if this was a deliberate action by Swiftpage or caused by a windows update but if it is swiftpage please rectify immediately.

Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎03-26-2019 04:53 AM

It's not Swiftpage deactivating them is the licensing server that they check when there's a system change that's being shut down.
Yes, there were some big Windows Updates recently that seems to have triggered the licensing module to check for things like it's still the same machine and not been cloned.

Here's the KB on Perpetual, which does say they also need updating - http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39198
I'll have them update it to include major Windows Updates.