Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Left Justifying Data in the Company and other Fields

Left Justifying Data in the Company and other Fields

Old ACT!x user but new to ACT! Pro 2011.  After importing my previous database, the Company Field appears to be either "Center" or "Full" justified.  How do I change this Field to "Left Justified" so that I at least first see the beginning of a long Company name without having to click on the Field and then use the cursor to go to the beginning of the Company Name?

Nickel Contributor

Re: Left Justifying Data in the Company and other Fields

It is not that it is not properly set up. It is a bug. The only workaround right now is to make your company field longer to allow the name to be displayed completely.

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms

I have the same problem of course.  It's a bug that should be fixed.  Please.

Bronze Super Contributor

Here is a FREE addon we developed for the text box alignment in ACT!. It forces the text boxes to display the first part of the character rather than the last part when the text string is longer than the width of the text box.

I created this screen shot of the before and after. The text boxes whose data is longer then the text box width  do not display the left most characters of the Company or Contact fields. With Left Align for ACT! by Durkin  installed you can read any field from the left most position if the text string is longer than the text box without increasing the size of the field.

Its a FREE add-on.  Here is the link to the download:

http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonsDownloads/Durkin_LeftAlign_for_ACT.exe

Please post question or comments to www.DurkinComputing.com/ACTAddonForum/

View before/after screen shot:
http://www.durkincomputing.com/images/screenshots/LeftAlignForACTAddon.jpg

-- Jim Durkin

www.DurkinComputing.com

It really makes you wonder why Sage can't issue such a simple fix. They're SUPPOSED to have programmers working there. They're SUPPOSED to support the product. They're SUPPOSED to fix bugs. It's really sad that a third party does a better job of supporting the product than the company that's offering it.

Caution!  --  This is a $249 "free" addon. 

Bronze Super Contributor

No, it’s FREE!  Really!

“Left Align for ACT!” is a free add-on and will always be free.

The $249 that you are referring to is for our core product called Impact Business Suite 2011 which is a suite of 8 custom add-on/modules providing enhancements and additional functionality to almost all views including; the calendar, company, contact, dashboard, group, opportunity, tasks, activities and user-designed views such as; projects, inventory and/or billing!

Each module in the suite can be purchased separately for only $129.

If you are looking for the FREE left align add-on you can use the link above.

If you are looking for an add-on to enhance ACT’s functionality and expand the scope of your information work flow then we hope you download the 30 day trail of  Impact Business Suite 2011 or any one of the modules.

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

www.DurkinComputing.com