Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Layout not viewing properly. Lower area where all of the tabs are supposed to be are not there

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Layout not viewing properly. Lower area where all of the tabs are supposed to be are not there

I have ACT Premium 2009. ersion 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 4. Windows 7.

I am experiencing a problem I have never seen before. The bottom half of my fields do not view. I only see the background default graphics that come with ACT. I believe the fields are there. But, for some reason, They are hidden behind the background image.  I even saved the layout with a new name on the server and deleted the old layouts.  All other agents can view theirs just fine and the same for the server. But, on my laptop, no matter what user I log in as, I cannot view those fields.  I have re-indexed and synced again so many times. Nothing is working. And now, when I go to edit the layout design, it doesn't take me to the screen to choose the layout. It just does nothiing. I can keep running that command and nothing happens. Please help?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author tbudde
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Layout not viewing properly. Lower area where all of the tabs are supposed to be are not there

2 possibilities.  #1 is the simplest with no negative remifications.  #2 requires you to set up all of your preferences again.

1) move your mouse from the middle of the screen in the contat view slowly toward the bottom  Does it change to a double sidded arrow?  if so, double click when you see the double sided arrow.

If that doesn't work you may want to delete your preferences.

There is nothing wrong with the installation or the database so reinstalling or reindexing won't help.

To deelete preferences. Start, Run, %appdata% Rename ACT to ACT OLD *(you may have to reboot the computer to get exclusive access)  and do this without ACT running. 

When you start ACT, you will need to set up your preferences again, but that should fix it.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author tbudde
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Layout not viewing properly. Lower area where all of the tabs are supposed to be are not there

2 possibilities.  #1 is the simplest with no negative remifications.  #2 requires you to set up all of your preferences again.

1) move your mouse from the middle of the screen in the contat view slowly toward the bottom  Does it change to a double sidded arrow?  if so, double click when you see the double sided arrow.

If that doesn't work you may want to delete your preferences.

There is nothing wrong with the installation or the database so reinstalling or reindexing won't help.

To deelete preferences. Start, Run, %appdata% Rename ACT to ACT OLD *(you may have to reboot the computer to get exclusive access)  and do this without ACT running. 

When you start ACT, you will need to set up your preferences again, but that should fix it.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Elite Contributor

Renaming the ACT folder and then recreating my preferences worked. Thank you!!!  Any chance you can help me with the other issue I have posted?   We have yet to find a solution for it. I will post you a link here.

Copper Elite Contributor

Copper Elite Contributor

The problem came back again. I will rename the folder and reset my preferences again. Any idea of what might be causing this issue?

Copper Elite Contributor

This happened again this morning. Any idea why it keeps happening?