Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Layout designer focus and menu drawing problems

Copper Contributor

Layout designer focus and menu drawing problems

I am having a problem with the layout designer losing focus and popping behind the Act window. Also when we open a menu (such as tools) or a dialog (such as define fields) most of the menu or dialog disappears after about 3 seconds. This issue is occurring on all the PCs in our office. I've seen the suggestion of disabling video acceleration; this is not an option for us.

I am using Act 11.1.183.0 on Windows XP.

Any suggestions? This is incredibly annoying.

Thanks, Chad 

Re: Layout designer focus and menu drawing problems

Try reducing hardware acceleration.

1. Close ACT!
  2. Right-click the Windows Desktop, and then click Properties from the shortcut menu. The Display Properties dialog launches.
  3. Under the Settings tab click the Advanced button. The Graphics Controller Properties dialog box appears:

4. Under the Troubleshoot tab, reduce your Hardware Acceleration (if anything other than None). If set to Full drag the slider to the first line (None) or the second line (Basic) from the left.
  5. Click Apply, OK and then OK to close the Display Properties dialog box.
  6. Test ACT!.

Copper Contributor

I mentioned in my original post that disabling hardware acceleration is not an option. Is there any other way of fixing this?

This seems like a bug to me, is ACT! working on fixing this issue?

Thanks,

Chad

Sorry! You can try updating your video card drivers if turning off hardware acceleration is not an option. If its a shared database, you can try editing the layout from a different workstation instead.
Copper Contributor

This issue is affecting all the PCs in our office. I have updated the video drivers on two and the layout focus issue still occurring. I am attaching a screenshot of menu drawing issue.

Menu drawing issue

Thanks,

Chad