Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Layout Design Cut Off on Left Side

Layout Design Cut Off on Left Side

When I look at my layout in regular view, it looks fine.  I can see the entire layout.  But when I go into layout design, a large portion of the left side is not viewable.  The scroll bar is all the way to the left.  There is only one horizontal scroll bar.  I can see from looking at the properties of the fields on the edge that it starts displaying at horizontal position 111.  I can select fields from the invisible part in the properties window, but I can't see them.

It doesn't matter how big the monitor is or the setting for the screen resolution - same results.

How can I "reset" the layout.  This is only happening in the contact layout.  Other layouts are fine.  Help!  Thanks.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Layout Design Cut Off on Left Side

Try copying the layout from the demo database into your database layout folder to see if it is a problem with the current layout.

It's a custom layout.  I checked the other contact layouts and they are fine. So I guess it is a problem with that particular layout.   I tried to select all the controls to copy and paste into a new layout, but copy is not available.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Bronze Elite Contributor

If you have a graphics or shapes remove these, also try saving the layout with a new name, long shot but worth a try.

I removed the two lines that were on the layout - those were the only graphics.  Saved with a new name.  Same problem.  I always create two backup layouts and when I make a change on the first layout, I File, Save As to the other two.  Next time I'll think twice before re-saving over the backups now that I know this problem is specific to my layout and not some setting in Act. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

If you want me to have a quick look on my system email the cly file to chip@actsupport.co.uk