Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Last Results Field

Last Results Field

using Premium--microsoft 15---private user---window 7 professional-----comment---when i add to my LAST RESULTS field it does not pop up in the HISTORY as what i typed---it must be saved and then it shows "field change--last results changed from what was there previously to what i just typed.

i really HATE that.  i would like it to not show what it was ----i know what it was because what i previously typed is still in the history.  so then it is getting way toooooo wordy.  every entry starts with "field changed" 

i would really like to speak with someone about this, but i thought i would try this first

thanks

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Last Results Field

Hi, 

Only the 3 standard History types  are updating the fields like  Last Call, Last meeting etc, so if you are not using one of the standard History features, then the only field updated is the last edit field,

regards

Ingo

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 208 56192-34

sorry ---but your reply was over my head..my old ACT program was probably older than you------the only field I change is "last results"----when that entry shows in the "history" tab at the bottom of the screen, in the "regarding & detail" field it starts with "field change" and then shows what the field was to what it is now....I do not need all this ---all I want is for it to show a change---the old change is still showing as history ---I do not need it to tell me again what it was to what I Is now......geeze ---my blood pressure goes up every time I get into ACT. 

Silver Contributor

This is how the Create History option works on a field.

I agree it is unassailably verbose but its been like that since the change to SQL based ACT in 2005 and not likely to change.

I regret I must be of a similar age to yourself as I think you are talking about the good old FoxPro based ACT 5 or 6 !!!!

Highlighted

ACT needs to work on it--------it is so unnecessarily wordy----it takes toooooo long to read what i need to read, it is very cumbersome..... after several "last result" changes to one contact ----holy cow