Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Last Edit Date

Copper Contributor

Last Edit Date

I did a field change for virutaly ALL of my records (in order to repair a different issue) naturaly ACT has changed the "Last Edit Date" on all of these contacts.......

Unfortunatly I was using the 'last record date' as a reminder to how long it has been since we talked or worked with a contact....

Now all my last edit dates are the same (todays date) --- and I would like very much to have the edit date revert back to what it was.......

How can I do this???

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Last Edit Date

newatatc wrote:

I did a field change for virutaly ALL of my records (in order to repair a different issue) naturaly ACT has changed the "Last Edit Date" on all of these contacts.......

Unfortunatly I was using the 'last record date' as a reminder to how long it has been since we talked or worked with a contact....

Now all my last edit dates are the same (todays date) --- and I would like very much to have the edit date revert back to what it was.......

How can I do this???

Do you regularly back up your database?  If you back up weekly or several times a week, you could go to the most recent back up and do a restore.  You would then have the information you need, but would also not have any of the changes made following the update.

There are other fields in Act, such as Last Meeting, Last Reach, or you could create your own fields, which will do the same thing for which your trying to achieve with the Last Edit date.  It's best to use the fields as they're indended to be used so you don't run into the problem you recently experienced. 
Nickel Elite Contributor

newatatc wrote:

How can I do this???

Other than restoring a recent backup, there is no way to remove the change. As an alternative to what your were using as a reminder, check Lookup | Contact Activity. That should give you the tracking you need.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

This just started malfunctioning. In the NOTES section, the Edit now has nothing to do with the date I made the entry. Is is not even the date of my last backup. How can I make the edit date the current date? Thanks.
JF
Copper Contributor

Hi 

You do not say which version of ACT you have (or I missed it) but I will assume it is 2007 to 2009. Firstly repair your database using Tools, Database Maintenance, Check and Repair as it sound as if you have the start of an indexing problem. 

There is a lookup in ACT that lets you see all contact information via a date range - Lookup, Contact Activity, and then select criteria. Hope this helps. 

Chip. 

Independent ACT Support UK 

Thanks.  For the information of all users, I am using ACT 2008 (10.0) v 10.0.3.182.

JF