Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

LIBRARY OF OUR COMPANY DOCUMENTS

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

LIBRARY OF OUR COMPANY DOCUMENTS

I want to have a library of documents for my company. I was thinking of putting them on my website with a pass protected page. But, I think it would be better in ACT. Does ACT have a way to handle this specific need? Or should I create a contact for documents and add to the attached documents and have that contact sync with all users?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author tbudde
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: LIBRARY OF OUR COMPANY DOCUMENTS

A record called library with the docs in the documents area is a simple solution. This would sync docs to all users who are remote if you used the "File" option. The danger is this would be a copy of the original and someone would need to make sure that the ACT copy was updated when the original was amended etc. You could use the link option (ACT 10 and 11) but this would only work if people were LAN connected.

Another solution is to put them on your web server as suggested and create a hyperlink to it in ACT.

In June I requested that "Link to Folder" is included in ACT 12 and it is now under consideration by the design team.

Chip

Independent ACT Support UK

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author tbudde
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: LIBRARY OF OUR COMPANY DOCUMENTS

A record called library with the docs in the documents area is a simple solution. This would sync docs to all users who are remote if you used the "File" option. The danger is this would be a copy of the original and someone would need to make sure that the ACT copy was updated when the original was amended etc. You could use the link option (ACT 10 and 11) but this would only work if people were LAN connected.

Another solution is to put them on your web server as suggested and create a hyperlink to it in ACT.

In June I requested that "Link to Folder" is included in ACT 12 and it is now under consideration by the design team.

Chip

Independent ACT Support UK