Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Known Issue - Unable to log on to ACT! Database error with Outlook Sync for Web when ACT! 2011 Users have passwords!

Copper Contributor

Known Issue - Unable to log on to ACT! Database error with Outlook Sync for Web when ACT! 2011 Users have passwords!

We installed ACT! 2011 Premium for Web last week.  The users can connect to the web client, but when they try and run the Outlook Sync, it fails with the message "Unable to log on to ACT! database. I tried creating a new, empty database, and a new Windows user with no Outlook contacts - as recommended by ACT.  Same problem with new user in new database.

All of our users require a password, so, on a hunch, I removed the password for this user.  Voila!  Outlook Synch completed successfully.  I enabled the password, and the sync was broken.  Tried the same thing in the production database - sync works with no password, but fails when the user has a password.

Contacted ACT installation support this morning - turns out it is a known issue as of last week.  Waiting for a fix to be released.

I guess a lot of customers don't require passwords for their users. Luckily, we are in testing phase, so no pressure to upgrade.

Copper Contributor

Re: Known Issue - Unable to log on to ACT! Database error with Outlook Sync for Web when ACT! 2011 Users have passwords!

Thank you for the information!

Re: Known Issue - Unable to log on to ACT! Database error with Outlook Sync for Web when ACT! 2011 Users have passwords!

[ Edited ]

Any new developments on this one? I'm experiencing the same issue. Our ACT! for Web is installed in the cloud, so going without passwords is not an option.

Thanks,

Jason

Anybody get a fix for this??? June 2011 and still broken..

I run ACT Pro V17 and am getting the same error message:  "Unable to log on to database.Do you want to configure Outlook address book?" when ever I want to sync with outlook.

Is seems that there's a bug in the Act integration with Outlook.  I am unable to sync calendar activities nor contacts with my Outlook server.

I appreciate receiving help or hint.