Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Key in Dictionary

Key in Dictionary

I am using ACT Premium 2008 with Outlook 2007. 

When I go back and open an outlook e-mail I previously opend and closed, a pop-up window comes up with a warning "key in dictionary"  ############# and  "key being added" ######### 

Is there a way to turn this warning off?
Tuned Listener

Re: Key in Dictionary

It's not really a warning message, it's an error message. So turning it off might not be a good solution.

I've seen that error message but not the same way you did. It was related to customization of the DB that conflicted with default values. Check out KB ID 13511 on the knowledge base at http://www.act.com/support/
Platinum Elite Contributor

I see this same error in Outlook 2007... I don't think it's related to ACT!

Raul,

FWIW: I have been looking into this without luck so far. It's not the error you identified in the KB.

When I'm in Outlook (doesn't matter if ACT! is open or not), and I open an email, close it and open another email in the same folder, then re-open the first message I get:

---------------------------
ACT!
Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '12345678'  Key being added: '12345678'
OK  

It doesn't always happen the first time, but always within a few goes. It only happens with Outlook 2007 (my O2007 is on Vista if that's relevant) as far as I can find out.

As the error dialog is from ACT!, and the Event Log identifies the source as mscorlib, I can only assume this is something in the ACT! code that watches the item for when you click on the icon to attach to contact.

It's a .Net Framework programming error from what I can see.

Any chance you could test in a similar environment or post to the CC groups and see if others can replicate?
Tuned Listener

I am getting the same error using Outlook 2007, ACT 10.0.2, and XP.  I can not find any pattern other than the first time viewing an email always works, and  the subsequent time may or may not generate the message.

Thanks,
Tom.

I receive this same message as an Administrator, when trying to schedule a To-do, Call, Meeting, Other for my employer.

I am having this same problem and I have to close and reopen Act!  its driving me crazy.....I dont think I should have to pay ACT for additional services when this seems to be a problem with their programme.  Any hints on how to stop this or what is causing it?