Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Just installed ACT! 2011 Premium. But when I get error messages when I try to open or start a database

Just installed ACT! 2011 Premium. But when I get error messages when I try to open or start a database

When I try to open the demodatabase, it's says check your database server and disable firewall, but that didn't work.  And when I try to start a new database: "cannot creat database. Error connecting to SQL database".

Any help would be appreciated.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Just installed ACT! 2011 Premium. But when I get error messages when I try to open or start a database

Hello Lenny

Is this the error message your getting?

Error: "The database <Database name> could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software..."

Click on the link below it will take you to the KB that should help with the issue.

http://tinyurl.com/3ams7fy

Also when you installed ACT! did you get an SQL errors with the install?

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005

Re: Just installed ACT! 2011 Premium. But when I get error messages when I try to open or start a database

Yes, that is the message I am getting. I am on Vista.

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Lenny,

Did you work through the Knowledge base article I posted for you?

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

I tried, but when I attempted to start the SQL Server ACT7, it started, then stopped and I received an error message saying tha tthe Server ACT7 started, then stopped.....

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Lenny,

Sound like you may have had a problem with the SQL install.

Are you running any other SQL applications like Microsoft BCM?

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Thanks for your help, Kurt.  I'm not very computer savvy and don't know what Microsoft BCM is, but should I re-install SQL.  How would I do that?

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Lenny,

Microsoft BCM, is Microsoft Business Contact Manger.

I would suggest un-installing ACT! as well as SQL. Go to add remove programs and un-install ACT!

Then follow the link below on how to un-install the ACT! 7 SQL instance, once this is done reboot the machine and start your re-install.

How to Uninstall the SQL Server® 2008 R2 ACT7 Instance

http://tinyurl.com/255haep

Let me know how you go

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

I reinstalled, and installed again, but am getting the same error messages.

Did you ever come up with an answer to this?  I have the same issue