Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

It has been too long since you connected Act! to the internet. Your Act! license has been deactivated. To reactivate, please connect to the internet.

Copper Contributor

Re: It has been too long since you connected Act! to the internet. Your Act! license has been deactivated. To reactivate, please connect to the intern

Great....I am now getting this error on a Server...worked fine since the installation in January and today, i logged in and Act! will not open.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Renee P.J. Cronin

Sage 100 to ACT! Integration Link
Cell:717-763-8859
renee@capitolconsultingservices.com
renee@actplatinum.com
Administrator

Re: It has been too long since you connected Act! to the internet. Your Act! license has been deactivated. To reactivate, please connect to the intern

Hi Renee,

This is definitely odd. I'd only expect this message when Act! has been unable to connect to the Internet for an extended period to validate the license.

If this is not the case, and reactivating the serial number does not help, then I would like our support team take a look at the environment if possible. Feel free to reach out to the team directly, or let me know if you'd like me to create a ticket on your behalf.

Regards,

Stuart

I am having the same issue. Database is hosted on an SQL server running Windows Server 2012.  All machines in the domain are having the same issue.  However, if I connect them to the internet outside the domain (for example:  I turned on my WiFi hotspot on my cell phone and connected my laptop to it instead of the domain network) the registration works perfectly and I get no errors.  The last time this happened I actually took all the client machines offsite to re-register (to my house) and it worked fine.  Now, 30 days later I am starting to get the error again.  This is NOT a permissions issue.  This has to be a firewall (port) issue of some kind.  I can log onto my laptop as both local admin and domain admin with UAC turned completely off and still get the error message that I have no valid internet connection and ACT will be deactivated within 30 days.  The Protexis licensing service simply cannot see a valid connection.  Most likely Microsoft has closed a port that should be open for Protexis to send and receive data.  For now I am going to carry a USB wifi card around to each machine, connect to the internet via my phone as a hotspot and get the registration caught up.  When you come up with a fix please let me know.

Administrator

Hi Greg,

This certainly sound like a network configuration issue where, something is blocking the connection to the licensing server.

This issue can also occur if your network uses a proxy server. You will need to configure your proxy server to unblock Port 443 and allow access to license.ntitles.net. See your network administrator to make these changes.

You can run the following test using command prompt on a machine to test if it can reach the licensing server via it's required port:

telnet license.ntitles.net 443

You should get a blank screen if the connection is successful, otherwise an error will be shown.

I am assuming that the licensing server needs to communicate back to the machine as well.  What ports need to be open inbound for that comm to occur?

Also, many environments use 443 for inbound and outbound secure email comms.  If the router has static routes involving these ports there will be a problem for sure.  I will be that is what my problem is.

Administrator

Hi Greg,

the only other post number i'm aware of are the ones in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25125
Nickel Super Contributor

This happened to a customer yesterday. I just upgraded him to v19.1 He made a comment about not being able to open Act without the internet. Here is the message:

it has been too long.png

I read this thread and saw nothing that I could do. He is fine while on Wifi but as soon as he leaves he gets this message. Initially I thought there was a one day waiting period that was corrected. Obviously, this should not happen when he goes from office to airplane.

Steve McCandlish
Nickel Super Contributor

Have you tried this:

stop protexis

delete files in C:\Users\All Users\ACT\ActData

delete the non-xml files

restart Protexis

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT
Nickel Super Contributor

I will give that a shot: good suggestion.

Steve McCandlish