Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Issues with opening the embedded excel sheet in the Quote form ACT 08

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Issues with opening the embedded excel sheet in the Quote form ACT 08

We just recently updated to ACT 2008 10.0 with hotfix 10.02.  We can only generate and edit 1 quote before having major issues with the embedded excel sheet in the quote form.  We add a new opportunity...add our products...click Quote...then we usually add shipping to the quote by double clicking the embedded excel sheet edit that click off of it and save it.  Then Okay to save the opportunity.  Once we go back in to do another quote once it's generated we will click on the embedded excel sheet and this is the error we get: Microsoft Office Word can't start the application required to open this object.  An error occurred and this feature is no longer functioning properly.  Would you like to repair this feature now. 

We have literally everything to fix this.  We have uninstalled Microsoft Office, ACT, Norton...anything we can think of.  We have 1 of our 8 computers fixed.  However, there was so many different actions taken the day we have no idea how/what actually fixed it and we cannot seem to repeat those steps.  We have been trying for a week and a half with no solution yet.   We run on Windows XP, Office 03. 

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.  It doesn't seem that ACT has any solutions and it sounds like we are the only ones that has ever encountered this issue.  We are at a stand still trying to fix the problem.

Thanks 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author EZgraphics
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Issues with opening the embedded excel sheet in the Quote form ACT 08

I figured it out myself.  I don't know why this works...but it does.

I had to uninstall Norton 08 first, reboot then unistall Office 03, reboot then reinstall Office 03, reboot then install ACT 10 (I used the uninstaller download) and reboot then reinstall ACT 10 with hotfix 10.02, reboot then last reinstall Norton 08. Now everything seems to be working just fine.  For whatever reason Norton seemed to be the culprit.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author EZgraphics
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

I figured it out myself.  I don't know why this works...but it does.

I had to uninstall Norton 08 first, reboot then unistall Office 03, reboot then reinstall Office 03, reboot then install ACT 10 (I used the uninstaller download) and reboot then reinstall ACT 10 with hotfix 10.02, reboot then last reinstall Norton 08. Now everything seems to be working just fine.  For whatever reason Norton seemed to be the culprit.

I had this issue when using ACT 2006 and the fix they gave worked fine. But I have recently upgraded to ACT 2008 v. 10.03 and Windows Vista and can't get rid of the issue. Right now I have no virus programs running other than what comes with Vista. Do you think if I unistall Office 2003 and start again it might work? I remember once reading that part of the issue was which program you loaded first, but can't remember which. This is such a Pain in the A--