Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Issues uploading database from Sage ACT! Pro 2012 to Act! Premium Cloud

Issues uploading database from Sage ACT! Pro 2012 to Act! Premium Cloud

Recently purchased the Premium Cloud and have tried uploading our database multiple times and each time about half of our contacts are not imported. Why is this happening?  I've gone to Act! support multiple times, but have been told they no don't offer support services for older versions of Act! anymore. Any ideas? (I'm also definitely a novice at Act! fyi).

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Issues uploading database from Sage ACT! Pro 2012 to Act! Premium Cloud

Not sure why you are trying to import any contacts. To move from Server to Cloud server simply Backup your database with all attachments. On the cloud server use the restore as option to create your new database with all contacts etc in it.

You have 2 options when it comes to sending us your data. Either create a backup of your Act! database and upload it to us or send a CSV/XLS file to us so we can import your contact records into your Act! Cloud database. To upload either the backup of CSV file, there is a "Migration" option on your original Welcome E-mail which will allow you to send us your data.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Use the backup option. Exporting to Excel is flat file and will only give you contact information with no notes or activity, groups, company or opportunity etc.

I have gone through the process of trying to migrate data through ACT services (sent them the backup files) approximately four times and each time at least half my contacts are missing on the cloud.  Is there any explanation for why so many contacts are missing after migration?

Usually your backup is either there or it isn't. It's rare that your data is only partially there. Have you used the same backup each time? It might be worth referring back to your Act! database and creating a new backup in case the backup didn't save correctly, again this would be quite rare.

[ Edited ]

We saved new backup files three times, and still missing contacts after migration. Could there be a bug in 2012 program when doing a backup?

Administrator

So we can better understand your situation, please can you let us know how many contacts and companies are in your 2012 database.

Can you also please tell us how many contacts and companies you see in your Premium Cloud database after the migration?

We have 2,717 in our ACT! 2012 database and the cloud shows a total of 1,552 so we are missing over a 1,000 contacts.

Administrator

Thanks,
I've sent you a PM with a link to upload your database again so we may test it locally before uploading to the cloud servers.