11-24-2008 11:12 PM
I am trying to create an empty copy of my main database to test some merge data options and field mappings and I keep getting the same error:
"The specified location for your copy database is invalid. A database must be copied on a drive on your machine."
Now before I get flamed for not searching existing articles and the KB entries, I did and here is what I have checked/tried as per articles# 13649 & 14540 and other forum posts:
1) Confirmed the CopyData Method of Database Configuration in the ACT! Diagnostics utility is set to 1
2) Tried copying to C: S: Z: - all local drives
3) Ensured that the save path was less than 8 characters and no invalid characters
4) Tried copying complete copy and an empty copy - neither work
5) Logged into server as Root admin and have full access to all the drives listed above
6) Confirmed C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\tools\binn was first entry in sys env path variables
7) Ran a full reindex/integrity check
These are the items I could not/did not try:
8) Cound not register impprov.dll as files was not found and seems to only pertain to SQL 8.0 not 9.0
9) Did not try to use the utility DBFixer - Save.exe as this article referrs to Act 2006 thus I was not sure if I could use this on 2008 data set
Is there any way to get around this issue or is there another utility to make a copy of the database or another workflow. Or can/should I use the DBFixer - Save.exe for Act 2008 database.
Any help you can provide would be appriciated.
11-25-2008 06:33 AM
I've got the exact same issue only dealing with ACT Standard (ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 22.214.171.1247).
Im very interested in what you find out.
11-25-2008 06:34 AM
A few questions.
Did you try creating a new database rather than a copy?
Did you try making an empty copy of the ACTdemo database?
Are you trying to make the empty copy on the same machine where you are running the ACT! program?
12-21-2008 03:10 PM
1. I did not try to create a new database as this database has all the correct settings, fields etc that I wanted to use
2. Also did not try to make empty copy of ACTdemo database
3. Yes, I am trying to make empty copy on the same drive & PC
I don't understand why it won't work. Would appreciate some advice as I want to set up another database with same settings as the master so I can work separately on new data & then merge into master
12-22-2008 03:28 AM