Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Issue ACT 2009 Connection Time Out

Issue ACT 2009 Connection Time Out

I am having an issue with users being logged out of ACT 2009 Premium Web Version 11 after 10 minutes, I have set the limit to twelve hours, set the default website logout to 1 hour, and set application session to 2 hours, this happens on local users using the Web Edition as well as remote users.  This is becoming a large issue with the users as they are editing contacts and when they log back in have to go back to the user they were editing.

This is running on Server 2003 with IIS version 6.0 ASP.NET 2.0

Re: Issue ACT 2009 Connection Time Out

Check the event viewer for an ASP.Net warnings and look over the tracelog.  Usually it will point to what's having the issue.

I suggest you call into ACT! technical support regarding this issue.

This seems to be the event log, not sure if it is an IIS error with timestamps or something with worker processes.

Event message: Forms authentication failed for the request. Reason: The ticket supplied has expired.

Loyal Listener

My people (including myself) have been encountering this same problem. I've also experienced it repeatedly. For example, when I'm being presented with the option to "Continue" my session or "Logout" and clicking  Continue, the same window pops back up within 5 seconds.

Has anybody come up with an explanation to this? My company and I are new users to ACT. I'm surprised we're having this many problems right out of the gate. :-(

Loyal Listener

This "automatic logoff" feature is supposed to be after "a period of inactivity". This is clearly not the case for us. I have users being logged out after 10 minutes or so while continuously using the database. Help!

I finally found the solution, you have to go to the IIS setup and the ASP propertys and change the tags from windows to cookies, ACT changes this from the default of cookies to windows, this then sets the proper logout time with the cookies, otherwise it just plan logsout after ten minutes.  

Loyal Listener

Thanks a lot for the response! Now, I'm no IIS or ASP expert so I'm going to have to ask...

I think I've found it I wanted to be sure...

Under 'Web Sites' in IIS, I've located the 3 ACT directories:

AFWValidationSrvc

APFW

APFWOutlookSrvc

If I get the properties on one of them, then go to the ASP.NET tab, select Edit Configuration, then go to the Authentication tab, it is the "Authentication Mode" that needs changing. Correct?

If so, right now both the AFWValidationSrvc and APFWOutlookSrvc are set to Windows.

Yes, that is what needs to be changed.

Loyal Listener

Thanks a lot!

I've made the changes and will see what happens.