Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there better way to attach an inbound email history record if have multiple contact records same person

JM
Nickel Contributor

Is there better way to attach an inbound email history record if have multiple contact records same person

I understand in a pure sense there should be one Contact record with one email field for ACT! DB.  My usage of ACT! goes beyond Contact Management with no duplicate records based on Contact name.  Rather I'm using ACT! to help manage my data where I may have the same contact person with email in multiple (three) contact records because each record has different data about location or where that person work(s).

My primary issue is with inbound email in Outlook when I click on icon "Attach to ACT! Contact" it looks in all ACT! record email fields shows me that person and two other records.

A. ACT only shows and can sort by Company name and Contact name in column view.  No way to tell which record to attach to is my Primary record by seeing the system email field if contains address.

B. I created a second email field for Contact Table which I have there as a secondary field just to store the email address with that contact record just incase I need to see it while viewing that record or I need to attach a email history record to it as well.

Main concern I don't want to attach an email to all the persons other contact records because ACT! will have 3 History records which make the DB grow faster and will slow down ACT when history record count gets large.

My Temp. work around to see which is Primary email record is to put "_" after the persons Last name, but that is not good when doing mail merg or emailing with Contact because I have to remove that line.

Need to have two Column view option to allow us to change the field to view or add one more field that we can select to a field that may signify Contact Primary record based on seeing in secondary email field no value or a Field I created that holds a value like "1" being Primary record.

Running Prem 2012.

JM

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Is there better way to attach an inbound email history record if have multiple contact records same person

I am a bit behind in reading the posts, but Designr1 has a product that will do exactly what you want.  It is called Outlook Integratr1.   Here is the link to their product - they have a free trial as well,  http://www.designr1.com/shop/outlook-integrater1/  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)