Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there any way to have multiple Record Managers?

Is there any way to have multiple Record Managers?

I want to be able to put two or more people's names as the Record Manager under an opportunity.  Has anyone been able to do this?  I have the Sage ACT! Premium 2011 version.  Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Is there any way to have multiple Record Managers?

No ... why are you trying to?
You could always use a separate field and create a pull-down with the staff names

I want to of my staff members to be working on the same opportunity.  How would I creat a seperate field? Thank you.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Nickel Elite Contributor

Rachel - 

The way you word this makes it seem like *you* assign opps for others to work on - is this the case?  If so, then the record manager might not be the best field.  I've seen sales orgs create a new field - one that is a multiple pick list (i.e. the drop-down fields with checkboxes, where you can select more than one value).  Then, the only values in that list would be names of people in your organization, and you could select who it's assigned to - one or more team members.

The record manager doesn't necessarily become obsolete, either you could keep your name in there, or choose a "main" staff member to be the actual RM.  Field are created in Tools>Define Fields, and pick the area where you want the field to appear (Contacts, Opportunities, etc).  Once created, ACT will prompt you to edit the layout, which is where you actually place the new field so it's visible.

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Bronze Elite Contributor

ACT only allows 1 record manager by you can create an account manager field with a drop-down and allow multi selection.

Please beware that although this will work ACT's reports are geared up to reporting against the record manager field and so is the pivot table in the export to Excel.