Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a way to tell when looking at the Outlook inbox whether a specific email has automatically been saved to ACT?

Is there a way to tell when looking at the Outlook inbox whether a specific email has automatically been saved to ACT?

We are running ACT Premium Version 21.0.295.0. Update 5

Running on a shared server. Windows platform

We are also using ACT4Outlook

We are using Outlook 2010

My question:

Some are obviously saved when I have a contact in ACT with the sender’s email set up in ACT.

But I often receive emails where I am not sure if the email has automatically saved or if I need to manually save the email to ACT.

Is there an icon or method I can use to look at emails in my Outlook inbox and know where they saved when they came in?

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Silver Contributor

Re: Is there a way to tell when looking at the Outlook inbox whether a specific email has automatically been saved to ACT?

As far as I know the answer is NO but this would make a great feature for ACT or maybe an aspiring add-on designer.

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Is there a way to tell when looking at the Outlook inbox whether a specific email has automatically been saved to ACT?

We created something a while back that we use in our own business, looks like this...

Flag.bmp

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Silver Contributor

What versions of both ACT and Outlook does this work over?

Happy to test and then promote to clients if you want to market this.

Bronze Elite Contributor

We run it with Office 365 and Act! 20.1.

If we were to offer it for sale, which would require work to package produce an installable for commercial distribution, documentation etc. No point in supporting prior to Office 2013. No future in building for versions of Office that are 10 years old or prior.    

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog