Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a way to look up a last name or first name with letters in a specific order?

Is there a way to look up a last name or first name with letters in a specific order?

Hi guys,

I noticed that when I look up names with a letter, the results shown are not in order in regards to the makeup of the name.

For example if I look up Flo, the results would show any last names with the letters f, l, o in it rather than last names that start with the specific order of Flo like flores.

Any possible solutions?

Thank in advance,

Ron

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Is there a way to look up a last name or first name with letters in a specific order?

Change your operator to Starts with rather than Contains.
Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com

Re: Is there a way to look up a last name or first name with letters in a specific order?

Thanks,

However is there a way to make the normal operator to be changed from Contains: to Starts?

JM
Nickel Contributor

You could also design contact layout to show Last, Middle and First Name fields so you can right click and perform lookup specific to either. Doing lookup on ACT Contact Name is searching for a string in all First Middle and last name fields.

JM

Copper Super Contributor

I like that too. I did that for a client - put Last Name in the layout so that they could Look Up on that.
Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com

Thanks for your input,

However can you layout the steps to carrying out what you have said?

I am a bit of a newbie in ACT

Thanks in advance,

JM
Nickel Contributor

We should mension that when you import data usng ACT's import into records it is NOT at field level import. 

Example if I have 20 fields of address, phone, names, information ect.. if your CSV file only has the records first name and last name or contact name they will get imported and what ever was in the other fields will get wiped out.

So export all those fields out of ACT records than replace or add in excel the ACT user contact full name and re-import.

For field level import you need to buy a thrid party add-on costs around $300 like ASDS Merge Admin which I use http://asdscomputer.com/products/mergeadmin2010/ or by an active ACT CC his different levels of itImport http://www.glcomputing.com.au/main/57/1

JM