Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a way for an ACT for Web user to create layouts via the web interface?

Is there a way for an ACT for Web user to create layouts via the web interface?

I really don't want to load the app on their PC or give them access to the server.

Any ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Is there a way for an ACT for Web user to create layouts via the web interface?

No, that's not an option. Defining fields and customising layouts has to be done with the full client

Re: Is there a way for an ACT for Web user to create layouts via the web interface?

Is there any special connection options when addign the full client to their machine or do they just access the DB as a share?

thanks for the Article.  Do I have to install IIS to install ACT for Web 2008 as a client?

And can I install the client from the ACT for Web disc on XP Pro.

I'm actually not sure... I suspect that it will have to install the web app, so will need IIS

Yes, ACT! for Web can run on XP

I get "Microsoft Windows XP Professional is not a supported operating system.", when I try to install.

This is a brand new install of WinXP Pro SP3 with IIS.

Is there anything else you know to try?

I can't call ACT.  Even though I have 10 ACT for Web 2008 (10.0) licenses and have never called them before they refuse to help me without the $799 support plan.

They have already lost me as a cutomer.