Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a way for Access Level/Limited Access settings to be carried over when creating a new Company or Contact?

Is there a way for Access Level/Limited Access settings to be carried over when creating a new Company or Contact?

Hi,

I'm relatively new to Act! Premium and the database I'm working from is setup only using Contact Records and not Company Records.

I've have lots of questions, but the first is about Access Level/Limited Access. 

It is possible for the Access Level/Limited Access settings to be carried over when creating a new Contact in a Company OR when creating a Company from a Contact?

When I do either of these the access level defaults to Public. 

Many thanks,

Matthew.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Is there a way for Access Level/Limited Access settings to be carried over when creating a new Company or Contact?

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but go to Tools/Preferences/Startup/Record Creation Options.  This will default new Contacts, Companies, Groups and Opportunities to the access level you want.  You'll need to do this for each user.

Karen Fredricks
Tech Benders
561-470-5450
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Is there a way for Access Level/Limited Access settings to be carried over when creating a new Company or Contact?

Like Karen said...you'll have to log in as each user to change their settings.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT