Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a report to run for companies/contacts based off of date last note entered?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Is there a report to run for companies/contacts based off of date last note entered?

We do not have our email or phone system linked up to ACT, so I was trying to run a report based off of date of last note entered for our salesmen (goal being a list of companies they haven’t put a note in for-inactivity- to contact). Is there a way to do this? Since there may be one contact that has a recent note vs another contact, ideally it would be to look at all contacts at a company.

Not sure if this will need to involve some VBA code or what...

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author brienne
‎10-13-2016 07:03 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Is there a report to run for companies/contacts based off of date last note entered?

Have been informed can now upload .rep file directly so please find attached.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Is there a report to run for companies/contacts based off of date last note entered?

an idea

7.png

8.png

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Copper Contributor

Oh my - yes that is a definite GREAT start for contacts-THANK YOU!!

But any ideas on how to address this with companies? For example, doing the contact activity lookup there may have been no contact with Amy and Bob at ABC Company since 2014, but there has been with Joe at ABC Company - so they wouldn't fall in group of companies to contact.

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi brienne,

You can do this easily by creating an Advanced Query lookup based on the edit date in your Companies. This date will be updated when a new note or history is added to any contact in the company. For example, the criteria below will lookup all companies that have not been updated in over 30 days:

Act!_2016-10-12_17-24-22.png

Copper Contributor

Thank you for getting back to me Gary, the only issue with that is that the company may be updated (ie: phone number, website, etc), but no notes (showing contact between our salesmen and their contacts). 

Copper Elite Contributor

I believe you need a custom report for that.  Call Roy at 561-470-5450 x3 or email royel@techbenders.com.  He's the man!

Karen Fredricks
Tech Benders
561-470-5450
Copper Contributor

Great, thank you Karen!

Platinum Elite Contributor

In the past I did write a template that would print only the most recent Call, Meeting, ToDo and note for each contact in a lookup for any date range. It took a lot of VB scripting and even hacking the report code to make it work. However, that's not what you want. A negative filter can be hard to do that is exclude what you don't want. In theory I could create an ACT! report that would do what you want but it wouldn't be acceptable because all I would be doing would be suppressing the print for unwanted items and that would lead to a lot of blank space in the report. I think I could make an acceptable version using the Durkin Impact reports. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Elite Contributor

Please find attached a summary Notes report for companies. It will tell you how many notes have been made over a time scale you select and the date of the last note. Just created so not beta tested but seems to work OK. Free to use for anyone but not to pass on and charge for.

NB So it would attach have changed extension to .txt You must change it back to .REP to work. If you try to open in word etc it will fail.

Solution
Accepted by topic author brienne
‎10-13-2016 07:03 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Have been informed can now upload .rep file directly so please find attached.