Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Is there a report to run for companies/contacts based off of date last note entered?

Copper Contributor

Re: Is there a report to run for companies/contacts based off of date last note entered?

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much! When I first opened it, it ran great, but only for companies of the 1 default selected user, then when I selected a different user (or 3 users) , I got the following error messages on separate times (2 snips attached). 

Any ideas? Otherwise this is exactly what I was going for - THANK YOU!

Silver Contributor

Re: Is there a report to run for companies/contacts based off of date last note entered?

Hi

Will re do. I changed the name of the report after completing it rather than copy as and I seem to remember this can upset ACT. Will re-post in the next hour or so.

Copper Contributor

THANK YOU SO MUCH CH1P!!!!

Silver Contributor

Have looked again at the report and also recreated and there is a bug in so much as selecting all Users reverts back to a list of users instead of all users when saving the template but digging a bit deeper found this also happens when editing the standard company summary template if it is resaved a number of times.

I could not recreate the error but can I suggest always selecting all users between selecting individual users. If Roy takes a look at what I have created he is the report guru so may have view on this as well.

Copper Contributor

So sorry for just replying to this Roy! Cannot believe I missed it! I was just looking at the Durkin Impact Suite Add On software and want to look more at the reports side of it. But Ch1p had done a Company Summary report that was a summary of company list with date of last note (and # of notes) which was great, but was giving me some error messages when changing Selected Users (to +1 or Select All Users). 

He mentioned that maybe you, the "report guru" =) , could take a look at it to see your view on it. Any chance you would be able to look at it please? 

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!

Brienne

Platinum Elite Contributor

The Durkin Impact report editor is actually separate from the Impact suite. It's very powerful but has quite a learning curve.

I did take a look at the report ch1p created and the error messages you received. I can see that he built the report from an existing ACT! report. To fix the problems you're seeing you would need to rebuild the report from scratch. There appears to be corruption in the data source and filter module of that report template. the one error you got indicates there is a bogus line of XML code inserted to the sub-report part of the XML code. When it happens for me I edit the template XML code and remove it. However it's a temporary fix and the problem will occur again when you edit the sub-report and save the report. because that problem shows up along with the problem of saving user presets I suspect that the actual problem is corruption in that report template data source and filter module.

Also be aware that in the ACT! company reports the notes (and history) include the actual company notes and the notes for all the contacts attached to that company.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Silver Contributor

Have now ide-bugged and best tested the report so should be OK.

It is free for anyone to use. Please let me know how you get on with it.

NB If you edit this report and open Filters it will break! This is a fault in the ACT Report Designer script and found it has been present since 2010 version!

Gary, is it possible to replace the link in original to this one or direct people to this answer?

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Ch1p, you can click Options on your post, then click Edit Reply to edit the contents and any attachments.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thank you so much Ch1p!!! Works great   =)