Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a limit to the number of contacts with which you can perform an email Mail Merge?

Is there a limit to the number of contacts with which you can perform an email Mail Merge?

Hello:

I'm using ACT Premium 20012 Ver 14.1.108.0. Hot Fix 6.  My computer's operating system is Windows 7 Enterprise with 64 bit Operating system and 8 GB of installed RAM.  I just attempted an email Mail merge with some 1600 contacts.  There was an error message on my screen indicating that I'd overstepped some index value.  Still, all 1600 contacts have the email message in their Histories.

I have 3 questions: 

1. How do I know that the emails actually were sent?  I have some 165 automatic replies in my inbox.

2. Is there a limit to the number of contacts that can be selected for a Mail Merge?

3.  Is this a lack of RAM issue?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Is there a limit to the number of contacts with which you can perform an email Mail Merge?

Are you sending this mail merge through Outlook?  If so, most email servers have a limit.  Also, this is a good way to get "black listed" by the spam blockers.  For mass emailing like this, you should really use Swiftpage Email - http://www.swiftpageconnect.com/

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com