Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is it possible to send/receive FAXES through Premium for the Web?

Is it possible to send/receive FAXES through Premium for the Web?

[ Edited ]

Here's our dilemma... we have multiple field users who rarely come into the office anymore. In general, what we need is a web-based CRM that everyone can access. The thing is, we need to be able to send and receive faxes somehow through this system. Specifically we need to be able to generate a report on a specific contact that we then fax to a vendor or another contact. We also need to route incoming faxes from our vendors.

I know it can be done with ACT, but I'm having trouble because we need to use it with the WEB version. An email to fax service that is integrated is fine, but we need to track the faxes. As much as I hate the faxes myself (why can't they use email???), it's an integral part of our business competition and the majority of our vendors require it.

Right now, I'm using ACT 6 with WinFax Pro... it worked fine when we had people in the office, but we've been making changes and now our employees all work out of home offices and on the road for the most part.

Are there any good solutions for this out there? Thanks.

Message Edited by Beth on 06-11-2008 01:57 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Is it possible to send/receive FAXES through Premium for the Web?

I don't know of any fax software that integrates with the Web version... I guess the demand just hasn't been there.

It certainly would be possible to add this to something like MergeMaster!, but would need someone to pay for the additional development cost

Copper Elite Contributor

A possible solution, using ACT! Premium for Windows and/or ACT! Premium for Web, a VPN connection to the office and GFI Faxmaker for Exchange.

I use GFI Faxmaker for network faxing, it works very well with ACT! and Exchange. You can only send faxes on the local network, not from a remote, however, a user would run their ACT! report to a PDF, attach it to an email and address it to faxnumber@faxmaker.com, which would be sent via their VPN connection to the office exchange server, which routs the email to the GFI application, which then sends the fax. A confirming email is returned to the user, which could be attached to the client record in ACT! This would also work using Outlook Web Access.

Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hey Neil,

I also have GFI here... I wonder if there would be enough Web users who'd want faxing to investigate developing a link from ACT! Web

Any thoughts?