Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is it possible to check to see if a specific range of companies have had their history updated in the last x months or days?

Is it possible to check to see if a specific range of companies have had their history updated in the last x months or days?

i need to make sure that specific sales people have contacted their allocated companies every quarter and updated the history accordingly. Is there a way in which I can query ACT! to tell me how many have been completed?

I would like to find all companies that have a field set to "x" and then check to see if history has been updated within the last "time period"

If I could also check if a specific person or range of people had updated the history that would be a bonus.

Thanks,

Mick

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Is it possible to check to see if a specific range of companies have had their history updated in the last x months or days?

You can write a query or dynamic group at contact level to do this but not so easy at company level. 

The criteria would be a particular field value plus the last activity dates and edit date plus record manager etc.

At contact level you could then export to Excel by sort by company from there.

Is it imperative that it is at company level?

email me if you need more info etc.

Chip

info@actsupport.co.uk

Re: Is it possible to check to see if a specific range of companies have had their history updated in the last x months or days?

No it does not have to be Company it is just that if they have 200 companies the contact list can start to get quite large (750-1000) which is fine but all I want to know is that at least one contact was contacted in a specific time frame by one of them. In fact I am more interested in the one that have not been contacted by one of them.

Silver Super Contributor

Hi again Birdy

Now looked deeper and it is conundrum that I could only solve by linking tables to Access and creating a query their. Too messy for a solution so I have asked a friend of mine who is a programmer of add-ons to give it a look as I can see how useful this could be.

Will get back if he responds or I have a more inspired solution as I can see who has or hasn't had contact with the clients but not if another linked contact has or hasn't, that is the conundrum!

Hi, thanks for the feedback i thought it might a bit of a stretch. If your friend has any ideas or knows of an add-on that might help that would be great.

Thanks for your help.

Silver Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have contacted the person who makes the add-on and I think would want a volume order or up-front payment which is understandable. Let me know if you want prices.

What I have done is produced 3 Company Activity Reports  (Run any lookup against companies section first.)

Report 1 only shows companies where activity has taken place over a set time period. You can select the type of activity and who created the activity. (User.)

Report 2 shows all companies in the look up and you can see if there is any activity against them or not with details of the activity.

Report 3 is similar but condensed so just give the total number of activities again each company in the date range.

They are in a zip file and you will need to unzip and put in the reports section.

Let me know if of any use. Anyone else feel free to use, please let me have feedback, good or bad.

Chip    info@actsupport.co.uk