Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is it my computer, is it me or is it ACT! v16?

Copper Elite Contributor

Is it my computer, is it me or is it ACT! v16?

V16 Premium hf1 on a Windows 7 machine.

My screen in ACT! Constantly refreshes. No other program I have open refreshes, only ACT!   It simply does a screen refresh every few seconds. Annoying and embarrassing when someone is remoted in but I can live with it if I have to.

However the larger even more obvious problem is now my email history is constantly duplicating itself like rabbits. I do not have any Outlook rule setup or anything unusual. I don't know if the screen refreshes have anything to do with it or not.

Please see screen shot for understanding. Anyone else ever see such a thing or have an explanation?

Thank you.

Cynthia Thomas
ACC; APT
Range CRM Consulting
www.rangecrm.com
cynthia@rangecrm.com
Cell/txt: 435.901.8028
Office: 435.783.8383
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Is it my computer, is it me or is it ACT! v16?

..and the emails are all auto attaching to MY Record in addition to the client Contact Record.

Absolutely crazy!    So I am seeing massive duplicate copies of my emails in the history of my Contacts and those same emails are copying to My Record.   There has to be an explanation?

Cynthia Thomas
ACC; APT
Range CRM Consulting
www.rangecrm.com
cynthia@rangecrm.com
Copper Elite Contributor

ok answering my own post, it looks like the problem had to do with me trying out Google integration while I still had Outlook integrated and I happen to have all my Outlook email addresses copied to my Gmail account as a backup. I had the setting to Record History every minute which is what causes the screen to refresh.
And caused all the emails to replicate themselves.
Cynthia Thomas
ACC; APT
Range CRM Consulting
www.rangecrm.com
cynthia@rangecrm.com
Copper Contributor

Thanks Ce, I was planning on trying Google Sync and would habve done the same thing!

brian pearson