Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is anyone using SwiftPage with ACT Premium?

Is anyone using SwiftPage with ACT Premium?

We are going to be changing our email service & since SwiftPage works within ACT, I thought that would be a good match. Is anyone using it? Which level are you using and are you happy with it?
Copper Contributor

Re: Is anyone using SwiftPage with ACT Premium?

I'm not using it yet, but I am very interested in it.  I downloaded the trial version of it as well as the trial version of MyFax for Internet Faxing.  I will be testing them both over the next few days.
Champion Listener

I have never installed Swiftpage myself for ACT!. Used it quite a bit as a Sales Manager on SalesLogix. The email service for boths products is exactly the same technology. The guys on the team there are great: they attend the Customer Summit every year and continue to innovate on the product which in my opinion is 100% solid. The value delivered has always been great.

Please let us know how the ACT! trial of Swiftpage goes so we can all learn from your experience.

Thanks!
Neil
Copper Contributor

Sure will.  I am currently copying my test DB to a couple of laptops for my users to play with.  As soon as the copy is done I will re-attach the database and continue testing myself.
Copper Contributor

I have installed both Swiftpage and MyFax plug-ins for ACT!10 on my laptop.  MyFax has a Bug in it that I was lucky enough to find:  If you send a Fax to through the Add-In for ACT!, you have to add a minimum of 30 characters to the cover letter, or OMIT the cover letter all together, otherwise all of the Faxes you are sending will fail and you will get an Error about not having the right Billing Code?  Go figure...  Once that issue was worked out, it seams like a pretty decent program to allow you to FAX via the Internet.  What I like about it is you can have an Unlimited amount of FAX numbers (but you pay for each) and Up to 5 Email Addresses allowed to FAX on each number.  This gives a great deal of flexibility in sending out Blast Faxes for Bids and Quotes.

The Swiftpage Plug-in is fairly simple and straight forward to install and configure.  The Email Templates on the other hand don't look so user friendly.  I haven't created one yet... I will later on in the week, but I did send a few Emails through Swiftpage to 15 people at a time and ALL of the messages got caught in our Barracuda Spam Filter.

Both programs update ACT! records upon sending the messages and you can have them both reply with Success and Failure reports that attach to the contact record.  Definitely worth further testing IMO.

I am using SwiftPage and ACT! 10. They work well together. Also there are plenty of helpful instructions available to show you how to set up your own email templates.
Employee

This is Dan from Swiftpage. Glad to hear the install went easily for you stresco. As far as templates being junked, there are a few ways to get around that. We have a resource center that speaks in regard to the actual content you are sending and some best practices to stick by here - http://swiftpage.com/spameducation/. In addition, we offer free SPF record creation - available at the link above. When you send an email through a third party email marketing solution like Swiftpage, it is being sent from you, through our system and is actually delivered from our servers. This is how we are are able to track opens, clicks, bounces etc. and give you the detailed reporting we do. To your recipient, it looks as if the email is coming directly from you, but to the receiving ISP it sees that it says it's coming from you, but is actually being delivered by us. Now, we have excellent ISP relations which allow much of our email past SPAM filters, but there are cases when it gets junked. By creating an SPF record, we are telling the receiving ISP that even though this email is coming from us when it says it's coming from you, you have an SPF that says it's ok, so it appears to the ISP that your email address and our sending IP range are one and the same. This is not a cure all and the nature of HTML email will always have some potential to be hung up by spam filters, but this is something that we feel helps.
Note: I am a Swiftpage employee - feel free to contact me directly at dogdon@swiftpage.com.

As an ACT consultant, I have been using Swiftpage with ACT for almost 4 years.  I love the product.  I recommend it to all my clients.  I used to use a competing product but found I stopped using because it was too time consuming to export the contacts and import them into the product.  With Swiftpage, I create a lookup, click on the swiftpage Icon and away I go sending to the list.  Or, I can send an email to all my contacts or just one at a time.  It is just a great tool for anyone using ACT. 

Lesley Denny

I have been using SwiftPage Email since 2005 with ACT 6 Premium, ACT 2006 Premium and now ACT 2007 Premium. I like the product very much. It is easy to install and use.

It updates my contacts with history whenever I send an email and the realtime statistics I get are fun to watch.

I send about 5K messages a month. I have the regular subscription so I don't have the call list capability. I just export the calls list report from the statistics center and load them in to Excel. Then I forward to our salespeople for follow up.

I would like some new features like:

* Customized the subject line to further personalize the email
* The ability to send text only emails without HTML formatting
* The ability to use style sheets

Let me know if you need more information.

Paul D. Guyon
IT Manager
Maxwell Medals & Awards

Paul D. Guyon
IT Manager
Maxwell Medals & Awards
www.maxmedals.com
Employee

I have been using Swiftpage for under 1 year now and I have found it to be a very useful service.  For anyone out there that is doing email marketing I highly recommend that you try Swiftpage.  It has reporting features built into it which will help you get immediate results by showing you a list of the people that have the most interaction with your email.  It scores each contact on a point system (which is based on how many times the email was opened as well as how many times the contact clicked on the URL inside of the email) and then creates a call list that ranks leads from the “hottest” to the “coldest”

The program is very user friendly and I found it easy to set up and customize my own emails.  All you need are company graphics and logos that are saved as an image to you hard drive and you can create a professional looking email in minutes.  It also allows you to perform mail merges by pulling your ACT! contact’s field information into the email therefore making each email personalized.

I actually impressed and sold a customer of mine on Swiftpage by creating an email for him during our conversation and sending it to him.  I found his website, right-clicked his images and saved them, copied and pasted his text and put it into an email in a matter of minutes.  Needless to say, he was very excited with this and he picked up a year’s worth of service from me. 

The other thing to mention about Swiftpage is that it keeps you Can-Spam compliant.  Swiftpage gives your contacts the option to opt out of your mailings on every email that is sent out.  They also have a feature built into it which allows you to capture contact information from your website and automatically create a contact record into your ACT! database.

There is a lot more functionality designed for teams which allows you to distribute templates between your employees as well as send out campaigns for your employees so that it shows the email as coming from them.  If you are interested in boosting your email marketing with ACT! then this is the program that you are going to want to use.  Give it a shot with their 30 day trial and you can see for yourself.  Their website as well as their staff are very helpful and have all of the information that you will need to get up and running.

Chris Smith

ACT! Sales Supervisor