Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is Logging In to v18 Premium Web Still Painfully Slow?

Copper Contributor

Is Logging In to v18 Premium Web Still Painfully Slow?

Im just about to transition my database to the web based version from the desktop version and see some previous users posting that it takes almost 90 seconds to login to the web based version. Is this an ongoing issue with all users that use web premium version? How is the speed of the web version in general?

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Is Logging In to v18 Premium Web Still Painfully Slow?

Log-in time is slow up to 2 minutes at worst case, typically up to a minute. Once in responds well as it is only the initial handshake with a 3rd party program to do with licences that takes the time. 

Copper Contributor

Is there a fix in the works for this initial login slowness? Seems crazy to me that it takes almost 2 minutes to confirm licensing.
Copper Contributor

In addition, can you set the amount of time that passes before it logs you out automatically or does it even log you out automatically? I would like to keep it running in the background indefinitely as only when I choose to logoff will it logoff. That would really resolve the login slowness issue for me.
Administrator

Hi Jag,

In answer to your fist question, @Bob.Breeding recently posted in this thread on the subject.

Secondly, regarding session timeouts, this can be configured. Here's a couple Knowledgebase articles detailing how:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17485

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25630