Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is It Possible To Use Microsoft Mail With ACT!2009-Version 11?

Is It Possible To Use Microsoft Mail With ACT!2009-Version 11?

I do not have Outlook 2007 installed on this new desktop and want to use Microsoft Mail with ACT!2009. 

I use Microsoft Mail with my Yahoo account.

Is it possible to use ACT! 2009 email with Microsoft Mail and My Yahoo?

Re: Is It Possible To Use Microsoft Mail With ACT!2009-Version 11?

[ Edited ]

If you are using windows mail then it is not possible to directly integrate windows mail with act 2009, However act 2009 provides an email client called "ACT Email" where in you can directly configure the same email account that you configured in windows mail.

For more information on how to set up act internet mail you can go through the knowledge base article :

How To Configure Internet Mail as your E-mail Client in ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0)

{Fixed link}

Message Edited by dlunceford on 11-24-2008 11:42 AM

Thanks for the response. 

I have tried to set up my ACT! 9 V 11.0 to work with both my Yahoo! email account and my gmail email account. 

I get error messages stating that it can't connect to the server. 

Someone mentioned that Yahoo! won't work and it had to do with "ports"????

Any suggestions?

Yes they are right, because both yahoo and gmail works on custom smtp and pop3 port numbers, where as act is set to support those email accounts that works on default smtp[25] and pop3[110] port number.

In such situation , if the user like to send their email through act, then they need to configure their email account either in outlook 2003/2007 or else in outlook express and then integrate outlook with act.

In your situation i would suggest you to install outlook 2007 and configure the same with your email account and then integrate outlook with act2009.