Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is It Possible To Create New Tab In Contact?

Is It Possible To Create New Tab In Contact?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

First of all sorry for my english.

I am new to Act customization. I want to know is it possible to add new tab with other tabs like "contact" with "Notes", "History", "Activity" etc.Does I can provide the two "ListView" controls. Does I can provide drag and drop between the "ListView" controls of the same tab. Actually I required to upload the documents of a contact on a ftp site by providing a drag and drop of files from one ListView to the other ListView then those dragged files will be uploaded on the ftp site by asking the username, password and url of ftp site on new tab.

Please help me to know whether it is possible or not. If yes then how can i do it. Its is urgent.

Thanks

Sandeep Soni

Message Edited by sonsandeep on 06-19-2008 06:37 AM

Re: Is It Possible To Create New Tab In Contact?

Hi,

it is possible!

you can go to this Knowledge Base Article from ACT!

Go to> www.act.com then go to "Support" then choose "Knowledgebase" and then on "Choose Product" choose "All" then on "Search By" choose "Answer ID" then on the "Search Text" Type these numbers "18266" then you will have the answer to your question.. 

Your humble servant,

Patrix

Pro-ACT! Movement
Platinum Elite Contributor

Adding sub-tables (ie like a list) to tabs is a new feature added to 10.02, but only with the SDK.

If you're not a programmer, there is a new product due for release next month that will allow you to do this easilly. If you need it now, send me a message via this FORM and I'll send you an early copy.

While it can support documents, I haven't tried storing them on an external server like an FTP

Bronze Super Contributor

We are releasing an add-on for ACT! that creates new tabs based on any data fields you define. We will have over 20 pre-defined tabs styles to choice from , each one of them customizable.  You can check out the add-on here:

http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonsDurkinToolkit.aspx

hope this helps

-- jim durkin