Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is Act going to fix this heinous error message

Copper Contributor

Re: Is Act going to fix this heinous error message

- What version of Act! are you running - from Help > About Act!?

Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2

- What operating system is on your workstation?

XP SP3

- What version of Office are you running?

2003 (11.8325.8329) SP3

- Attach a screen shot (jpg) of the error msg...

****How do I attach a file? ****

To clarify, the error appeared immediately after the reinstall.  My suspicion is that it has to do with the Act.Oulook .Service.exe caused by something that is triggered when using outlook - there is some attempt to communicate in some way either with the service or act app and it fails and the error is not properly handled.

Platinum Super Contributor

When you click on Reply, you should see a line below the 'Body' for the response for 'Attachments' (just above the Cancel and Post buttons).  You can use the 'Browse' button to locate the screen shot image.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

I just see Cancel and Post buttons - nothing that indicates I can attach anything.   Happy to email it to you.  Feel free to email me your address if you dont want to post it.

Platinum Super Contributor

For the Attachments option - if you are clicking on the 'Quick Reply' selection it will not present the attachments option. 

I was able to locate your information in our records and obtain the error message:

I'm unable to find a record of this being a known issue.  Please see your Private Notes.

Error Message:

---------------------------
Assertion Failed: Abort=Quit, Retry=Debug, Ignore=Continue
PopulateAddressStruct::Not SMTP Address and not Distribution List

at MessageReader.PopulateAddressStruct(_SPropValue* pAddress, List`1 addressList, Int32 numProps, List`1 distributionExpantionList)  
    at MessageReader.GetRecepients(CComPtr<IMessage>* pMsg, HeaderStruct header)  
    at MessageReader.GetHeader(String fileName, HeaderStruct header)  
    at EmailMessageInfo.GetEmailMessageHeaderData(String fileName, IEmailMessageInfo emailData)  
    at RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)  
    at RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)  
    at RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)  
    at Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)  
    at Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)  
    at Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)  
    at Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)  
    at Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()  
    at Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)  
    at Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)  
    at EmailMessageInfo.PopulateMessageInfo(String fileName, IEmailMessageInfo emailMessageInfo, ISynchronizeInvoke synchronizingObject)  
    at QuickAttachDlg.LoadNotAttachedFileToList(ILogHandlerServiceEntry entry)  
    at QuickAttachDlg.UpdateErrorList(Boolean allowShallowUpdate, Boolean notifyUser)  
    at QuickAttachDlg.QuickAttachDlg_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)  
    at EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)  
    at Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)  
    at Form.OnCreateControl()  
    at Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)  
    at Control.CreateControl()  
    at Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)  
    at Control.WndProc(Message& m)  
    at ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)  
    at ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)  
    at Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)  
    at Form.WndProc(Message& m)  
    at ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)  
    at ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)  
    at NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)  
    at SafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 nCmdShow)  
    at Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)  
    at Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)  
    at Control.Show()  
    at QuickAttachDlg..ctor(IServiceProvider provider)  
    at QuickAttachDlgService.QuickAttachDlg(IServiceProvider provider)  
    at HistoryQueueProvider.Start(ISynchronizeInvoke synchronizingObject)  
    at MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)  
    at Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)  
    at Form.OnCreateControl()  
    at Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)  
    at Control.CreateControl()  
    at Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)  
    at Control.WndProc(Message& m)  
    at ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)  
    at ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)  
    at Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)  
    at Form.WndProc(Message& m)  
    at MainForm.WndProc(Message& m)  
    at ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)  
    at ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)  
    at NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)  
    at SafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 nCmdShow)  
    at Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)  
    at Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)  
    at Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)  
    at ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)  
    at ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)  
    at Application.Run(Form mainForm)  
    at Program.Main(String[] args)  

Abort   Retry   Ignore   

Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted

I too have started seeing this error which comes up every time I start my machine now and is most definitely associated with the Act Outlook Synchronization process.  You can see this by entering Task Manager when this error comes up, selecting the program that is generating this error and then right click to select Go To Process which when you do, does indeed show that the error is coming from the Act Outlook synchronization process.  And, I do think I can tie this error to a possible cause. 

Last week I sent a SMS message using Red Oxygen thru Outlook which didn't seem to work, but that's another story.  So, in that message, there is no email address, but rather a cell phone number.  What I'm thinking is happening is that when Act tries to sync it's copy of emails with this message, it's getting confused.  Indeed, the message that I see is as follows: "Assertion Failed: Abort=Quit... on the form task bar, then PopulateAddressStruct::We expected a mail user here." as the first line of the error message and then of course, the same "at MessageReader.PopulateAddressStruct(_SPropValue*..." that was shown earlier in this thread.

I'm a Sage Premium user running "Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2" in the US.  I tried to remove what I think is the offending email message from my sent items, inbox, etc. but sadly to no avail as I still get this message every time I boot up my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 laptop.

Thanks for any ideas as to how to clean this error up!

Best regards,

Don B.