10-05-2011 08:08 AM
We are planning to upgrade from 2010 to 2012 ACT. I'm trying to do an evaluation of 2012 but I keep getting an error if I try to add any calendar event. The error is "Error: Invalid recur spec. Monthly named-day with no Modifier." This seems to happen for any even for this year (2011), but I can add an even for anyting in 2010 to past.
I'm supposed to be testing to see how the Google integration works, but this is making it pretty much impossible.
version: Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.0.572.0, Hot Fix 1
06-19-2012 01:31 AM
I have a client's database affected by this same issue. It is database specific. This database is on PRM 14.1. The error seems to indicate there is a property on a recurring activity that ACT! doesn't like. In-turn ACT! won't display any of the other requested activities. In my case, I've narrowed it down to a low priority to-do because using the filters to look at other items I can indeed see the activities on the problematic contact record. But as soon as I include low prioritiy to-do's no activities show and this error pops up. In addition, it seems this to-do spans across many months (or there are other activities also exhibiting this problem) because the user's monthly calendar views are completely blank (although you can see many activities for this user when viewing via Task List and filtering out low priority to-dos). Were you ever able to identify a fix for this issue? Is there anything that can be done on the backend in SQL to identify or cleanse the problematic activities?
06-20-2012 11:17 AM
If you have access to SQL using backend, you might be able to narrow down to particular activity if you filter conditions like activity type or priority specific to record manager.
and if you would like, I can take a look at database in Database Services for you.
ACT! Database Services
06-20-2012 01:39 PM
Thanks for your reply. I do have access to the backend SQL tables and have explored that option a little bit. I'm in no way an expert in SQL or ACT!'s SQL tables, but I'm comfortable getting in there, doing some queries, and reviewing the results. What I found was that the priority field was not in the normal activity table where everything else resides. Am I right on that? I'm looking at dbo.TBL_ACTIVITY and don't see a column there that would represent Priority. I filtered down the list to the user, the contact, and the activity type but there are still 300 or so activities to look at. Can you give me some direction on how I can filter by Priority? Or what i might be looking for with regards to the errors on the monthly recurring activities?
07-04-2012 08:55 AM
I am having the same issue. At this point I am willing to just delete all the activities in the database to see if that solves the issue, but I can't even figure out how to do that. My whole calendar has been unusable for over a year. I can't even see any past activities and if I try to schedule a new activity of any kind, i get this: " Error: Invalid recur spec. Monthly named-day pattern with no Modifier." I have tried a fresh install of ACT! on a different computer and also upgraded ACT but no luck. If I start a new database, the issue doesnt exist on the new database but as soon as I import all my contacts in, the problem happens again. I am currently on Pro 2012 vers 184.108.40.206 single license. Please help! Thanks.
07-05-2012 02:07 AM
A very simple and easy approach would be to just simply create a new user account in your existing database and deactivate the old one. You don't want to delete the old one because you'd be forced to reassign all data to the new one, including the problematic activties. You'd also then need to ensure that anywhere you view Activities - Task List, Calendar, Activities tab, etc - you filter so as to not include anything from the old user account.
Another option would be to do the import as you have already done, but tell it to ignore Activities. You can do this on the merge options screen telling it to "Do Not Change" for matching records and "Do Not Add" for new records. That would probably be a cleaner approach in the long-run because the problem activities would be gone and you wouldn't have to be concerned about how you're filters are set.
You could also look into ACT! Database Services for something like this: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24758/kw/database%20services. Expand the database repair services section.