Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Invalid processor state. Processor not currently in a transaction.

Invalid processor state. Processor not currently in a transaction.

I am getting this error message every time I log on to my database:  Invalid processor state. Processor not currently in a transaction.

I have read about the date formatting issue that can cause this error, but I do not believe date formatting issue is causing the error in this case because there are 5 database users and I am the only one that gets this error when I log on.  And all 5 of us use the same date formatting.

I believe that my user is somehow damaged.

Does anyone have advice to repair a damaged ACT user?  Or any other insight as to what may be causing this error?

Coincidentally, I've also noticed that since I started getting this error, I am also unable to run a smart task.  I'm not sure if these 2 issues are related, but they did start happening at the same time.

I am using version 17.2.217.0, Hot Fix 2.

Thank you!

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Invalid processor state. Processor not currently in a transaction.

To narrow this down first log on as the ACT admin person to this database from the problem PC.

Also try Right clicking on the ACT icon to start ACT and selecting run as administrator. This runs the ACT.exe with windows admin rights. 

It can also give this error if ACT grows larger than 10GB on the server but as others are not getting this should be able to discount unless very near this figure.

NB: Beware about trying to reinstall ACT on the machine to try and resolve as you can no longer re-register ACT V17

Thanks for responding, ch1p!

I logged on as the administrator from the same PC.  ACT launches perfectly.  The Invalid processor error does not occur.  The administrator is able to run smart tasks without issue.

I closed ACT, started ACT by right clicking and selecting run as administrator.  I continue to get the same invalid processor state error.  I am unable to run any smart tasks.

According to actdiag, my database is 1146.13 megabytes.

I am aware of the V17 is no longer supported and will not re-register.

Do you have any other suggestions?  Thank you!

Silver Super Contributor

Firstly try raising the users admin rights to administrator in ACT, if that does not work it looks like a problem with the users preferences information on the local machine.

How to rebuild the Act! Preferences file – Act! Knowledgebase

Thanks, ch1p.

This will reset preferences for ALL users, not just me, correct?

Silver Super Contributor

The preferences are user based so will only be for the Windows user logged on at that time. They are stored in C:\Users \User Name\appdata\ACT