Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Invalid Support Field Configuration

Accepted Solution Solved
BG
Accepted Solution

Invalid Support Field Configuration

We recently upgraded to ACT! Premium for Financial Professionals and converted our existing database from ACT! 7.  Each time we log in, we get an error message: invalid support field configuration: zip code.  We can click okay and continue normally, but it is annoying and a bit alarming to new users.  We did have some custom fields in layout designs for the earlier version.  I'm wondering if those might be causing the problem.  I haven't been able to determine how to find the problem field or to correct it.  Would really appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author BG
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Invalid Support Field Configuration

[ Edited ]

BG,

The field name is case sensitive.  I usually see the error with ZIP is all caps.  Try renaming the field to ZIP Code.

Message Edited by dlunceford on 08-06-2008 12:18 PM

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

This error is caused by a conflict with the field name for zip code.  In ACT! Premium it is called Zip Code and in ACt! For Financial Professionals it is called Zip.  You will need to change the field name to "Zip Code"

- Go to Tools/Define Fields

- Scroll down to the Zip field, highlight and click Edit Field on the left side

- Change the field name to "Zip Code" and save your edits.

- Close and the reopen the database and see if you still get the error

If you are on a shared database, all users must exit the database before you can make this change.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

BG

Thanks very much for the information and wonderfully clear instructions.  I did as suggested, changing Zip to Zip Code not only for Contact records but also for Company and Group records, then closed and reopened the database.  This message continues to appear, however.  Certainly not a life-or-death issue, but if you have further suggestions, I'd be happy to try them.  Thanks again.
Solution
Accepted by topic author BG
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

[ Edited ]

BG,

The field name is case sensitive.  I usually see the error with ZIP is all caps.  Try renaming the field to ZIP Code.

Message Edited by dlunceford on 08-06-2008 12:18 PM
BG

That was it exactly!  Many thanks to both of you for fixing an annoying problem!

Great! Glad to help.