Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Intial Sync after RDB Unpack

Avid Listener

Intial Sync after RDB Unpack

We are in the process of migrating many users from a stand alone instance of ACT! Pro (2010-2012) to ACT! Premimum v16.1. The intial sync after unpacking the RDB file on the remote computer is taking many hours to complete. I have increased the timeout value in the Act.Framework.Synchronization.Service.exe.config file to 3 hours now. The server is 2012R2, SQL 2008 R2, 32GB ram, 6 Core CPU and 15k Raid 10 drives. Our Internet connection is 20mb down, 10mb up.

Is there a way to speed up the intial sync? I have seen some mentions of preloading attachments, but no instructions or even if it works.

Also, is there a good post/KB article explaining what happens on the first sync?

Thanks!

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Intial Sync after RDB Unpack

The initial sync just sets up sync for the first time and syncs any changes that have been made since the RDB was created.  I've never seen the initial sync take more than a few minutes.  Something is wrong with your environment.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!