Do you mean 

Internet sync quit after installing new wifi adapter on host server

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Internet sync quit after installing new wifi adapter on host server

ACT Premium 18.

Windows 10

I added a new usb wifi adapter to the host server and a remote database is now unable to connect and complete internet sync.  I did not remove the original wifi adapter card, but it had a red X beside it in Network Connections. I removed the new wifi adapter and reverted to the old adapter and syncing resumed as normal.

I want to move to a new wifi adapter to improve performance and speed.

Network syncing has always worked fine.

What configuration changes occur by installing a new wifi adapter that "confuses" ACT?  Does the new adapter create a new ip address for the server?

Thanks for any help.

John

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JB3
a month ago
Copper Contributor

Re: Internet sync quit after installing new wifi adapter on host server

Quick answer for me: The new adapter was assigned a new ip address for the server. However, the port forwarding was still trying to use the old ip address. I edited the port forwarding ip and sync started working again.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Silver Super Contributor

There must be a clash between the 2 WiFi adapters. It would make sense to remove the old one and set up the new one to see if that worked.

Here is a link on setting Port Forwarding that you might need for the new adaptor.

How to Port Forward - General Guide to Multiple Router Brands | Support | No-IP Knowledge Base

Copper Contributor

Thanks Chip.  I agree that it must be with the adapters.  The old adapter is a card and the new is USB.  I was trying to avoid opening up the server and yanking the card, especially if I couldn't get the new adapter working and needed to revert back to the card.

I am reasonably confident the router (port forwarding ) is configured correctly since internet sync is working with the old adapter.  I have looked at the settings for each adapter and they appear to be the same.

I am wondering if the router is not recognizing the new adapter as associated with server (device name or ip?)  Maybe I need to assign the server a static ip and hope the router doesn't which adapter it is talking to. 

I wish I knew more about networking.  ( Not really. Smiley Happy )

Solution
Accepted by topic author JB3
a month ago
Copper Contributor

Quick answer for me: The new adapter was assigned a new ip address for the server. However, the port forwarding was still trying to use the old ip address. I edited the port forwarding ip and sync started working again.
Silver Super Contributor

Glad it is sorted. Maybe mark as resolved?