Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Internet sync error

Internet sync error

Here is the scenario that I have…

I am able to use internet sync to synchronize the Act Demo database, so I know that the internet sync is working correctly.

I restored a database from a different production server and created the remote database.  I installed the remote database on a client.  When I attempt to do a synch, I am receiving an error on the client. 

The error is  

======== SYNC SESSION - 1/21/2010 5:05:25 PM ========

[ Info | 1/21/2010 5:05:25 PM ]Message: Sync remote client created.

[ Error | 1/21/2010 5:05:27 PM ]Message: Unable to acquire Sync Server object. Server Error Description: Failed to setup local sync entity. Datastore is inaccessible 

The one thing that I notice about the restored database is that there is a share that has been created and when the “server” has the database open, it is accessing the database through the share.  I can see that there are files open through the share via computer management.   To me, this looks like the restored database was once set up for network sync.   

I have added permissions (IIS user, anonymous, everyone) to the database and to the database folder.  I also added permissions to the Windows Share.  I have modified the xml file to contain the restored database. 

Any assistance would be appreciated.