Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Internet Sync new configuration problems

Internet Sync new configuration problems

I've had a lot of problems setting up my new ACT! 2008 Premium EX for Internet Sync and was hoping I could turn to someone here for help.

I initially followed the configuration instructions available from Sage on an existing IIS server.  Because the server had SharePoint installed, I had to exclude the ActInternetSync service from SharePoint management via the SharePoint management console before continuing.

The default location for the syncConfigFile.xml was in the Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS directory instead of in the ActInternetSync directory, and regardless of the permissions I gave to that directory I could not get the service to find the file there (when attempting to sync, I'd get a message 'access denied' to the syncConfigFile.xml file...).  I copied the file over to the ActInternetSync directory and re-pointed the web.config entry to that location and now I get a new error that's got me stuck...

Now when attempting to sync, I get "unable to locate main database PTAll".  I haven't moved the main database - I just set it up.  The machine name is the system name of the machine...  I've given the directory where the PTAll database resides enough permissions to allow IIS / ASP.NET access if needed...

Any ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Internet Sync new configuration problems

I thought the xml file should be in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ACT\ACT for Windows 10\ACT Internet Sync\).

You need to restart IIS after moving the XML file

I didn't found that's folder on ACT for windows 10
Platinum Elite Contributor

I am using windows 7 64bit for users and for server windows 2008 server standard edition