Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Internet Explorer

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Internet Explorer

Are there any plans to make Edge or Chrome the primary browser for ACT! instead of IE?  IE is no longer supported on MacBooks and when repairs are made and they are made on IE first, we sit around and wait for the 2nd waive of repairs to be made to the other more commonly used browsers.

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Internet Explorer

If you mean for Act! web, it should be fine with Chome or the new Chrome version of Edge

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

It's still not working right in Chrome.  I was told the issue that I was having after the update was corrected and working properly in IE but wouldn't be fixed in Chrome until this coming Friday.  The issue is not resolved in Edge either.  Just wondering why the corrections are made to the most outdated and unavailable (on Macs) browser first instead of the browsers which can be accessed on any computer.

Highlighted

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

See my posts from last week about the specific issue.

That's not my question for this post though.

My question for this post is why is ACT! addressing the issues starting with the most out of date browser and the browser that is not available on MACs.  I have already been told, as I previously stated, that my issue was fixed in IE but would take anther week to work in Chrome...that will be this Friday.  Edge, Firefox and Safari all still don't work either but IE does but that doesn't help when using a MAC.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

I cant answer for the design team but it might be that a majority of existing users still access ACT for WEB via IE as many still have this set as their default browser.

Highlighted

@ksdc414 

Is it ok with the other browsers now with Up2?

As to why IE first, that's likely because IE connects to ASP.net in a simpler way. Usually, fixes will work across all browsers, but sometimes the other browsers need additional tweaks. Back in the early days, html and browser engines were a standard until Microsoft started changing functions to try and beat Netscape. Now that the new Edge uses Chromium, it will be interesting to see how it goes from here.

@ch1p 

I don't think that's the case - https://www.w3counter.com/trends

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Hi Mike

Thanks for Browser graph, interesting.