Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Internet Explorer 8 and APFW

Copper Super Contributor

Internet Explorer 8 and APFW

I have an ACT 11 Premium for the Web end user who chose to participate in the IE 8 Beta program, and of course now she is having some issues. Graphical elements not displaying correctly and errors in some of the modal dialog boxes.

Do we know if ACT 11 for the Web is currently listed as compatible with IE 8 Beta?

Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Internet Explorer 8 and APFW

No it is not.
Matthew McFadden
Platinum Elite Contributor

Beta products are never listed as supported...

Matt, any idea if there is testing being done for 11.1 or would it be a later patch? You know MS will add it to Windows Update and users will get it automatically.

Nickel Elite Contributor

The earliest that Internet Explorer 8 would be reviewed and or supported would be post the ACT! 12.0 project.

thanks

Matthew McFadden

I guess, as they are talking about a November release, that would make sense.

Might be worth a nice KB article saying something along the lines of: Due to beta products not always working correctly and often changing the functions and operation with each build it is not possible to provide support for beta products including IE8. Or, maybe a message on the main page of this site... Something to preempt those who get the beta and then complain?

From http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787 - There are obviously lots of apps that are going to need changing unless MS  does more for backwards compatibility... Yeah, that's likely considering the care they took with the Vista fiasco.

Internet browsers had really nice consistent standards till MS included IE in the OS.

A computer "standard" is any protocol that is followed by three independent vendors or just Microsoft on it's own.

My personal wish is that APFW would work in Firefox without requiring the IE tab add-on

Internet Explorer is now being pushed out in automatic updates and I am having to have users roll back because it does not work with Act Premium for Web 10.  Are there any plans to provide a patch to make these compatible?
Copper Super Contributor

What seems to work beyond having the APFW server listed as a trusted site is to run IE 8 in compatibility mode for the site as well. Pop up and Phishing rules need to be monitored as well.
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA

tonyal@maddeninc.com wrote:
Internet Explorer is now being pushed out in automatic updates and I am having to have users roll back because it does not work with Act Premium for Web 10.  Are there any plans to provide a patch to make these compatible?

I haven't had any issues with APFW 2009 and IE8

What specific issues have you had?

I am using 2008. There have been a few different things such as setting up new groups, the page just refreshes and the new group doesn't appear. However, I tried running in compatability mode as suggested below and it seems to be working fine.