01-26-2011 11:31 PM
I've a client who is in Australia, international phone code +61. Yet all the country codes appear as USA (+1).
Everything says Australia (Windows Regional settings, time zones, ACTDIAG timezone, Country fields in ACT! for contacts and users) and yet still the phone code is wrong. Painful.
So firstly there needs to be a tool or option to reset phone codes based on the Country/My Record Country.
here's how we fixed it update: it works for those contact records you do it for and not across everyone in the database
1. do a lookup of IS USER = True
2. Copy each phone number into notepad and delete the phone number from the field in ACT!
3. Click the SAVE icon on the contact record (this is important, it fails if you don't)
4. Copy the phone number from notepad back into the phone field in ACT!
5. Repeat steps 1 - 4 for each phone field on the users record
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for each user in the database
This assumes that the Country field on each users record is filled in correctly, in our case, "Australia".
After doing this the phone numbers are now set with the correct country code.
Also, whilst testing this type of thing, it may be helpful to do TOOLS | PREFERENCES | GENERAL | Tick SHOW PHONE CODES so you can immediately see if it's working for you or not....
update: after doing this, I found KB14410 which essentially says the above, but with pretty pictures. It adds using the EDIT | COPY/REPLACE command and some temporary character fields. But this didn't work for us in Sage ACT! 2011 Premium today.
Hope this helps some, and look forward to Sage making this easier to do.
01-27-2011 06:45 PM
01-27-2011 07:07 PM
Changing the USERS so that they are all correct, one by one,
then using the EDIT | COPY to a temp char field, Then EDIT | REPLACE | with a nul/blank value, Then EDIT | COPY from temp char field to the phone field has failed. on both one contact and on the lookup.
Currently having someone fix these one contact at a time. WHICH SUCKS BIGTIME.
01-28-2011 01:34 AM